Employment Opportunity: BKW Events Crew Member
Part Time/Seasonal Position
As a growing winery with a new special events venue, BKW has a very busy schedule of events lined up for the 2019 season including weddings, concerts, fundraisers, bridal showers, corporate functions, movie nights and more.
You must be flexible with working weekdays, weeknights, weekends and holidays- hours will vary based on the Events Calendar and will be discussed upon hire date.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the preparation, set up and tear down of all events.
- Coordinate and follow day of itineraries and schedules.
- Communicate and interact with a diverse range of people such as wedding couples, corporate clients, vendors, suppliers, donors, staff members, volunteers, etc.
- Serve, bus and bartend during events.
- Handle routine purchasing transactions.
- Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of Burning Kiln Winery and our wines.
- Effectively answer questions about wines, winemaking techniques, winery history and general tourist information.
- Provide fun and educational Winery Experience Tours.
- Perform basic cleaning tasks and maintenance in winery and on property.
- Open to working other special events off site.
- A diploma or degree in a related discipline such as Special Events, Event Management, Recreation and Leisure, Hospitality, Tourism, etc. is preferred but not required.
- Smart Serve Certification is required.
- Bartending and serving experience is an asset.
- Ability to work and problem solve in a very fast paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines/timeframes.
- Friendly, positive energy, creativity, team player.
Must be available for winery training starting on April 29th.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 9:00AM on Monday February 25th. Successful applications will be contacted for an interview.