Employment Opportunity: Burning Kiln Winery Team Member – Part Time, Seasonal Position
This position is responsible for ensuring that customers have a memorable and “WOW” experience at Burning Kiln Winery. You must have a passion for wine and eager to learn the details of the wines we produce along with other general operations.
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Greet customers promptly and courteously.
• Guide customers to wines they enjoy.
• Provide fun and educational Winery Experience Tours for small to large groups.
• Stock wine and retail merchandise in the Tasting Bar.
• Promote the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the Tasting Bar.
• Accurately perform daily wine inventory and money handling procedures.
• Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of Burning Kiln Winery and our wines.
• Effectively answer questions about wines, winemaking techniques, winery history and general tourist information.
• Project a friendly and helpful manner at all times.
• Handle routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register.
• Assist customers with transporting wine to their vehicles.
• Perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision.
• Respond to last minute requests and problem solve in a very fast paced environment.
• Thrive under pressure and continue to keep a positive attitude.
• Work in a team environment and open to performing other duties as assigned.
• Perform basic cleaning tasks and maintenance in winery and on property.
• Open to working on site special events after hours, if needed.
• Open to working other special events off site, if needed.
• High School Diploma or equivalent and/or qualified experience required.
• Smart Serve Certification is required.
• Background or interest in Retail, Food & Beverage, Hospitality and Tourism is an asset but not required.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for up to 8 hours a day.
• Must work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Must be available for winery training starting on April 29th. Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00PM on Friday February 28th. Successful applications will be contacted for an interview.