Employment Opportunity: BKW Events Crew Member – Part Time/Seasonal Position
As a growing winery with a new special events venue, BKW has a very busy schedule of events lined up for the 2020 season including weddings, concerts, fundraisers, bridal showers, corporate functions, movie nights and more.
You must be flexible with working weekdays, weeknights, weekends and holidays- hours will vary based on the Events Calendar and will be discussed upon hire date.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support the preparation, set up and tear down of all events.
• Coordinate and follow day of itineraries and schedules.
• Communicate and interact with a diverse range of people such as wedding couples, corporate clients, vendors, suppliers, donors, staff members, volunteers, etc.
• Serve, bus and bartend during events.
• Handle routine purchasing transactions.
• Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of Burning Kiln Winery and our wines.
• Effectively answer questions about wines, winemaking techniques, winery history and general tourist information.
• Provide fun and educational Winery Experience Tours.
• Perform basic cleaning tasks and maintenance in winery, Vineyard Pavilion and on property. Including, but not limited to dishes, polishing, etc.
• Open to working other special events off site.
• Smart Serve Certification is required.
• Bartending and serving experience is an asset.
• A diploma or degree in a related discipline such as Special Events, Event Management, Recreation and Leisure, Hospitality, Tourism, etc. is preferred but not required.
• Ability to work and problem solve in a very fast paced environment.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines/timeframes.
• Must work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Friendly, positive energy, creativity, team player.
Must be available for winery training starting on April 29th. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00PM on Friday February 28th. Successful applications will be contacted for an interview.