Burning Kiln Winery is seeking outgoing and reliable individuals who love to cook to join our team! Lunch and dinner service is an integral part of creating an overall experience for clients who visit our winery. We are seeking one head cook, and two prep cooks for full time employment starting immediately. Cooks are responsible for preparing and cooking lunch and dinner for all patio guests, with a friendly and welcoming smile every day. Cooks must be comfortable cooking in front of guests and in a food truck; and engaging in conversation. The successful applicants will possess a positive attitude, exceptional communication skills and willingness to assist fellow employees and guests with any requests that may arise. A high level of initiative and ability to work as a team is essential to being a Burning Kiln Winery employee.
Cooks responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Handle food orders, cook and freshly prepare lunch and dinner for all patio guests in an open environment with accuracy
- Follow all food handling techniques and preparations
- Clean all dishes and cooking utensils, and store at the end of each shift and store food items safely
- Greet all guests with a friendly smile and willingness to assist with any request
- Maintain the highest level of customer service, and communicating with guests in a positive and professional manner
- Use positive, open and appropriate communication with all clients and staff members
- Act as an ambassador for Burning Kiln Winery & Long Point Eco-Adventures both on and off site
- Perform other duties as requested
- Previous cooking experience is an asset
- Preference given to those currently enrolled in or graduates of a recognized college/university in a culinary program, but not necessary
- Able to work early mornings
- Love of food and enjoy cooking for others is a must
- Must have an outgoing and cheerful personality
- Must be friendly and professional at all times
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and personality are a must
Cooks must be available to work lunch and dinner shifts, including weekends and holidays from now until October 1st. This is a full-time seasonal position.
Please forward complete Application Package consisting of: (1) Cover Letter and (2) Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. Successful candidates will start immediately.
Thank you for your interest in Burning Kiln Winery. Only successful applicants will be contacted.