Employment Opportunity: BKW Team Member
Part Time/Full Time, Seasonal Position
This position is responsible for ensuring that customers have a memorable and “WOW” experience at Burning Kiln Winery. You must have a passion for wine and eager to learn the details of the wines we produce along with other general operations.
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Greet customers promptly and courteously.
- Guide customers to wines they enjoy.
- Provide fun and educational Winery Experience Tours.
- Stock wine and retail merchandise in the Tasting Bar.
- Promote the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the Tasting Bar.
- Accurately perform daily wine inventory and money handling procedures.
- Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of Burning Kiln Winery and our wines.
- Effectively answer questions about wines, winemaking techniques, winery history and general tourist information.
- Project a friendly and helpful manner at all times.
- Handle routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register.
- Assist customers with transporting wine to their vehicles.
- Perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Respond to last minute requests and problem solve in a very fast paced environment.
- Thrive under pressure and continue to keep a positive attitude.
- Work in a team environment and open to performing other duties as assigned.
- Perform basic cleaning tasks and maintenance in winery and on property.
- Open to working on site special events after hours, if needed.
- Open to working other special events off site, if needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and/or qualified experience required.
- Smart Serve Certification is required.
- Background or interest in Retail, Food & Beverage, Hospitality and Tourism is an asset but not required.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for up to 8 hours a day.
- Must work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Must be available for winery training starting on April 29th.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 9:00AM on Monday February 25th. Successful applications will be contacted for an interview.